Note: This article was translated and compiled by 42agent from an article published by Tencent Medical Dictionary on August 4, 2021. We hope this article will be helpful to you as the new Delta virus is spreading in many countries around the world. In the meantime, we wish all our friends and customers good health and safety.
A. Stay away from infectious sources
- During the outbreak, not to travel far away from home. If you have a history of living in a medium to high risk area, you should report it to the authorities. Try to go out as less as possible and not to go to crowded places, especially indoor confined places.
- Do not come into contact with animals in unknown situations, including wild animals and stray animals. Choose regular livestock meat and eggs that are quarantined, slaughtered, transported and sold according to regulations.
B. Cut off the transmission route
- Washing hands regularly to prevent the virus through the hands to “smuggle”, use hand sanitizer or soap, etc., and strictly use the seven-step washing method.
- When you get home and change your shoes and clothes, washing your hands and wipe the faucets and doorknobs with your hands to make sure your home is clean
- Never rub your eyes and nose with dirty hands. You can carry small packages of hands free hand sanitizer or disinfectant wipes when you are outside.
- Remember to wash your hands before and after eating, cooking, touching pets, and unpacking the packages.
- Making home partition according to the pollution zone, semi-pollution zone and clean zone: just into the door of the 1 square meters as a pollution zone, in this area to change clothes and shoes; near the door of the home put a coat rack and shoe rack, coats, shoes, keys are also placed here, it can be considered as semi-pollution zone, these things do not take to the living room, bedroom (clean zone).
- Don not touch your jacket and shoes after washing hands. If you touch them again in order to get the keys or pull out something, washing your hands again.
- When you get home, putting things down first to change clothes and shoes, then washing your hands. After organizing things,washing your hands again.
- Washing your hands before and after each cooking, and separate raw and cooked dishes from knives. Midway after touching raw things and then touch cooked food, dishes, etc., washing your hands again.
- Use detergent to wash fruits and vegetables. If meat needs to be washed, the water flow should be smaller and slower, or catch the water to wash in the basin to avoid splashing and bringing out the bacteria on the raw meat. Eggs and meat should not be washed before stored, you can wash them before cooking.
- Raw and cooked food in the refrigerator should be placed in layers, cooked food with a lid or bag, washing your hands before taking cooked food.
- After taking the express package, open it in front of the house, do not take it to the living room and bedroom, washing your hands afterwards. There is no need to wipe the surface of the box, demolished in front of the home directly thrown out, and then wash your hands.
- Washing hands after taking care of the infectious disease patients at home (such as influenza, hepatitis patients, etc.).
- Families with pets should pay attention to: after grooming pets, feeding them, shoveling poop, remember to wash hands. Walk the dog on a leash and wear a muzzle to avoid it eating indiscriminately. Come home and slightly dust the dog first, then open the door. Clean your dog’s paws at the door and then wash your hands. Keep the leash and muzzle at the door. It is better for the cat not to go out.
C. Wear a mask
- Mask can avoid releasing pathogens by itself. People who have had a history of close contact, no matter they have symptoms or not, should wear a mask to avoid spreading the virus to other people around them during the incubation period. People who have respiratory symptoms whether or not they have a history of high and medium risk exposure should wear a mask to avoid spreading other respiratory pathogens viruses to people around them. Ordinary medical masks are fine, and high-risk situations can use N95 masks .
- When sneezing and coughing, use elbows or tissues to block the mouth and nose. If everyone wears a mask, it will not cause the spread of aerosols. In fact, ordinary people do not need to worry about aerosol transmission in their daily lives. During an outbreak, masks should be worn when entering any place with poor ventilation.
- A mask can isolate droplets. Droplets are usually not spread over a distance of more than 2 m. Therefore, wear a mask when you are less than 3 m away from others and when you enter a room with a patient.
- Do not reuse the mask, nowadays, the mask is basically enough, there is no need to save on this.
- For daily activities, just wear a medical surgical mask or disposable medical mask. N95 masks can be used for high-risk situations, such as in hospitals. In the open air, theoretically no need to wear a mask, but it is better to wear a normal mask for insurance purposes.
D. Wipe the surface of the object
- Each day when you get home, use alcohol cotton to wipe cell phone, but do not get too wet, so as to avoid water into the phone.
- According to the frequency of access to the room, usually every 1 to 3 days, respiratory, digestive tract infectious disease outbreak period, every day need to wipe the door handle, window handle, desktop and other hard surfaces often contact (without wiping the whole house). It is best to wipe 1 time with soapy water and 1 time again with water. Pay attention to the risk of electric shock.
- Washing your hands after going to the toilet, while the bathroom often touch the place wipe clean, can prevent the virus from sneaking in from the sewer. Remember, 84 disinfectant and toilet bowl cleaner should not be mixed.
- The surface without touch don not need to wipe. Clothing don not need to wipe, normal washing and drying are enough.
- Something bought from outside, if the outer packaging is convenient to clean, then you can wash it. If it is not convenient to wash, it is concentrated in the corner of the pile to reduce contact. Put a period of time, even if there is a virus, generally no activity.
E. Open windows often and ventilation, appropriate humidification
- Open windows and ventilation can dilute the “concentration” of the virus suspended in the air, that is, so that the virus infection activity and the number of decreases.
- In high-risk areas don not open central air conditioning, can avoid the spread of aerosols.
- Let the room humidity in the most comfortable range for you, the respiratory mucosa is comfortable, in order to better play the natural immune function. Maintaining a certain level of humidity also reduces the ability of suspended small droplets with viruses to spread, allowing it to become larger droplets and settle more quickly. However, too much humidity tends to breed bacteria and fungi, so make it comfortable.
F. Avoid fecal mouth transmission
- Washing your hands every time you go to the toilet.
- Heat food thoroughly before eating, wash raw food and fruits carefully. Takeout avoid ordering salads, cold drinks, etc., it is better to order the kind which can be reheated. If you want to drink iced milk tea, order hot one, and reheat it at home, then let it cool and add ice. At home, you can use pure water to freeze ice, ice grid and do not put the same layer with raw meat.
- Usually put the toilet lid on, after use, cover the toilet lid and then flush, to avoid aerosol impact on your face and nostrils.
- If you have conditions, the toilet should be more ventilated.
- Once or twice a day to wipe the seat ring, the inside and outside of the toilet lid and other parts.
- Sewer with U-shaped pipe, there will be a section of stored water left at the bottom of the U-shaped bend to avoid the air in the pipe into the bathroom, which is the water seal. Flush toilet every time you flush, will also flow a little water down to form a water seal. Pay attention to the water seal everywhere, do not let the water dry. You can also pour a little diluted 84 disinfectant into (specific ratios in accordance with the instructions to operate, to 5% of the 84 disinfectant, for example, the instructions require 100 times dilution, that is, 1 part of the disinfectant solution to use 99 parts of water plus after use).
- No water seal bathroom, do not close the doors and windows at the same time open the exhaust fan to avoid the formation of negative pressure, the air in the pipe pump up. When you open the exhaust fan, open the window as well (open the door if there is no window).
- You can pour some diluted 84 into the floor drain, and then use the plastic bag containing water to press on it to play the effect of sealing with a lid.
G. Reduce the spread of communal meals
- The use of common chopsticks can prevent many contact-borne gastrointestinal diseases.
- If you have infectious diseases at home (no matter what kind of infectious diseases), you can eat at separate tables before he/she is cured. Or the patient can eat after the family has finished eating and left the table.
- You can buy a disinfection cupboard.
- The vaccine that is injected into your body is the good vaccine! You can inoculate which one to the please hurry to inoculate, there is no need to entangle the type of vaccine.
- People who are immunocompromised or use immunosuppressants should consult their doctors, as it is likely that only inactivated vaccines can be given.
- After the first dose, wait for the initial immune response to be generated before going for the second dose. The interval between the two shots is usually 28 days. If you can’t get the second shot on time, try to stagger it by a few days rather than earlier. But a day or two earlier is not a big problem, just don’t let the interval be shorter than 21 days.
- After the vaccination, take more rest and eat a balanced diet, which is good for antibody production.
- Stay for 30 minutes after vaccination and sit for enough time before leaving (in case of dangerous anaphylaxis, you can still save in time).
- After vaccination, pain, redness, swelling, itching, hard bumps at the injection site, fever below 38.5 degrees, weakness, drowsiness, muscle aches and pains are normal adverse reactions, and most of them will naturally subside within 72 hours, and generally do not need to be treated. The presence or absence, strength or weakness of adverse reactions are not necessarily related to the strength of the immune response.
- After vaccination, if the injection site becomes purulent and purpura appears on the body, go to hospital promptly.
- Preparation for pregnancy can also be done with the new crown vaccine, menstruation can be done, and those with cold and fever can be done when they get well.
- In principle, other vaccinations and the new crown vaccine should be staggered by 2 weeks (some vaccination sites may require a 4-week interval), but in case you are bitten by an unimmunized dog, you should still get the rabies vaccine at the first opportunity.
- You can get the new crown vaccine for adolescents between the ages of 3 and 17, specifically according to the requirements of local policies, and if it is recommended then you can inoculation.
- Regarding the booster shot that many people ask about, preliminary research shows that vaccination after 6 months can enhance the immune protective effect of the vaccine. But there is no widespread vaccination in China yet, so it depends on the local policy.